Note: The specimen was once part of Wilhelm Fröhner’s collection (1834–1925), and then came into Henry Platt Hall’s collection (1863–1949).
The auction catalogue used for the sale of Hall’s collection in 1950, which is kept at the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge,
has a handwritten annotation that indicates Spink as the buyer of the token (Glendining, 1950, p. 151). However, the piece
has not appeared since in Spink’s auction catalogues and is currently no longer traceable.
CopyrightHolder: The institution where the token is housed.
License: All images are copyright of their respective institutions (images)